Sunday, July 17, 2011

We have a space!!

Great News! The president and founder of the LA Derby Dolls has agreed to let us put on Seas of Science at the DD Warehouse! Here's an interior shot of the space we'll be using:

And a backstage/storage area:


You can check out more pictures of the warehouse itself HERE.

A little back story on how this came about: I skated with the LA Derby Dolls for about 5 years. It was a lot of fun, I made a lot of really good friends I keep in close company to this day.  I hung up my skates in 2009, happy with the experiences I had and having dodged any serious injury. In thinking of possible spaces to put on Seas of Science it dawned on me - what about the warehouse? Couldn't hurt to ask, so I gave a phone call the Derby Dolls founder and she graciously said yes! Thumbs up/green light/A-ok/yes-you-can-do-that-here. I think this will be a great fit. LADD is always putting on fun stuff like the recent Twenty Wonder Event and free community health fairs.  I've set a goal of putting on the production in the warehouse over the weekend of October 8-9th. 


Thanks LADD!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment